I’m pleased to say that Knowledge Base v2.1.0 is now available. This release brings a new Related Articles module, a brand new block for Alerts and an upgraded block for displaying the knowledge base.
I created the WebberZone Knowledge Base WordPress plugin in 2015 to create a simple and easy to use knowledge base for my WordPress plugins. This is perfect for those who value simplicity and ease of use and of course all things free an open source!
Here is what’s new in my first plugin release of 2022. As usual, if you have any queries or issues, please create a post in the support forum.
Related Posts (Articles) module
The related articles module is enabled by default in v2.1.0. If you’re using another plugin to display related posts like my Contextual Related Posts, you can disable this in the Settings page.
The below screenshot shows you the default view of the related articles. These are pulled out from the same categories (sections) or tags as the current post.
New/upgraded Gutenberg blocks
The Gutenberg blocks have now been updated to use the latest block.json metadata. This also means that I have bumped the minimum WordPress requirement to 5.6 which was released in December 2020. I will be bumping this to v5.8 by later this year.
The existing Knowledge Base block includes several new settings under the Block sidebar. You can now set the maximum number of articles per section, show/hide excerpt and article counts, etc.
The Knowledge Base Alerts are also available as a Gutenberg block and you can select the different styles from within the block settings directly. Previously you could use the
[kbalert] shortcode to display the alerts.
Detailed changes in Knowledge Base v2.1
- New options to set number of articles and to show excerpt in the widget
- Bug fixes:
- Update activation on multisite when a new blog is added
- PHP errors when using the widget
- New related articles module. Enable/disable in the settings page
- New Gutenberg block for alerts. Original knowledge base block has been upgraded to use block.json
wzkb_knowledgefunction takes additional parameters that override global settings if passed
- Additional settings added for Knowledge Base block
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed Custom CSS loaded incorrectly with a 0 on install/reset
- Dashicons were not properly loaded on frontend